Friday, September 17, 2010

2nd set of Pictures of the Bible Club on Saturday morning in Bolbosi

I goofed up while posting the images and these pictures should have been with the others. Sorry, but hope you enjoy anyway.

Here the leaders which are both named Roxana are playing "Duck, Duck, Goose" with the younger children. Flavius, who was my translator, is passing out bracelets to the children.
The older children have their N.T. Bibles. Miller, the young man in the yellow jackets is also one of the leaders for this Bible Club.
Some of the older girls with Roxana G. and Roxana B. Both of these girls helped with the Bible Clubs and did a wonderful job. If you notice in the back on the right side, there were several mothers and grandmothers who came with their children to the Bible Club and stayed.
Working on the Cryptogram. They loved this, and caught on very quickly even though it was in English.

The smaller children finishing their coloring pictures.

Finishing up the questions and cryptograms.

At the end of the Bible story, I shared with the children how to be saved. I noticed several of the older children smiling and laughing so I asked if they understood. Only one child said he understood, and he seemed very positive about understanding. So I explained a little more detail and then asked if any of them wanted to ask Jesus into their hearts. Flavius led them in a prayer after I explained what you need to pray and ask God for to be saved. I'm not sure how many really meant it that day but several prayed the prayer. I asked Flavius as we were leaving the Bible Club did he think they understood what I was talking about. He said no, not at first, because these children were from Orthodox homes and had never heard the gospel presented. This was only the second time this Bible Club had met. But he seemed to think after I explained more they better understood. We pray that the seeds planted that day will be nurtured and grow.






No comments:

Post a Comment